Friday 3 April 2009

What Would Martha Stewart Say?

My friends, I am distraught!

It is, of course, of the utmost importance when expecting company that the host/hostess should have the parlour cleaned to sparkling, with carafes of tea and coffee already prepared for when the guests arrive so that they will not be kept waiting in expectation of refreshment. One hopes that the host/hostess shall as well have prepared an assortment of cakes or biscuits to offer, should the guest be hungry as well.

Thus it was with some distress I discovered us to be utterly unprepared for when representatives of GiS arrived at our station earlier this morning. Not only was the parlour still an utter shambles from the party last night ('what party' you ask? why, the party we have every night!), but we were out of coffee, the tea-tin had been used to prop up one leg of the coffee-table after it had been broken, someone had swapped the salt for the sugar as a belated April Fool's prank, and the milk carton had been drunk from. Not only that, but the revellers had consumed the last of the biscuits we usually save for company!

This will not do! I tell you, we shall be the gossip of the cluster if this continues! Already people say in Bei that the Bastards could not even step forward to greet GiS, so ashamed we were at the state of our parlour, and heaven forbid we should have consumed our own cake in an uncharacteristic act of gluttony!

...I still think 'cookies' should be made an ingame item. YOU try luring the little boys with sweeties which don't exist and see how far you get!

8 comments:

Quintrala said...

Hmmm... cookies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orxd5L5qFLI

Carole Pivarnik said...

ROFL!!! I would love to see a few fun items like "Cookies" available in game. Why should Devices get all the attention, I ask you?

Anonymous said...

ummm well , now don't get mad, but I do think they are looking for a cookies, don't get me wrong it's not that they won't profess to SAY that's what they want...but well speaking from the male perspective; I can absolutely 110% Guarantee that cookies were oh second, third, or fourth down the list as it were. ( to be more blunt I think they really want you and all your sisters!

:)

~Always offering a friendly word!..Manasi

Cj Didge said...

I think if cookies become an ingame item, Martha would be asking what the share price of the cookie company was :P

Clinton said...

I'm always offering my Mom's cookies to those in local who just want to talk smack. Usually puts them in a better mood too.

Cookies should be consumable, and give you an attribute of +1 Sugar High.

On that note, I need my in game coffee too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks !

As far as I know, Lady Tikka likes Coffee.
But since I don't know, who wanted to talk with you ...

Greetings !

Humpfgrunz

Ivanneth Maethor said...

Thank you, Humpfgrunz, I shall remember that in the future ^_^

Anonymous said...

I always keep a good stash of spirits around. Just for times like this. Spiced wine warms up a deep space evening, too...

Post a Comment